What is ERP ?
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is business process management software that allows an organization to use a suite of integrated applications to manage the business and automate many back office functions related to technology, services and human resources.
ERP solutions can be categorized according to many factors, like the size of the solution or the market share of the supplier; by the specific vertical industry that the system is designed to support; or according to the technology platform it runs on, the variety in ERP system vendors fills the needs for the different types of companies.
Some examples of ERP software systems are Microsoft (Dynamics GP and Dynamics AX) , SAP, Oracle, Infor (SyteLine, VISUAL ), CDC, Epicor, IFS, and many more.
How ERP improves an organization’s performance in Gulf?
- Efficiency. An ERP system eliminates the need for manual data entry, and makes the processes more automated. The system will also streamline business processes and makes it easier and more efficient for companies to collect data.
- Better Data Leads to Better Business Decisions. one central database with no duplication of data
- Reporting. Easy-to-use, powerful reporting utility enable the user to run reports without the need for complicated spreadsheets, without relying on help from IT.
- Customer Service. It’s easier to provide high-quality customer service using an ERP system. Sales and customer service people can interact with customers better and improve relationships with them, through faster, more accurate access to customers’ information and history.
- Improve and Strengthen Security With Your Business Data
ERP systems offer advanced user-permission settings. These can prevent sensitive data from ending up in the wrong hands, allowing users to only access what they need to from the system.
As a conclusion , An ERP system can build the foundation for future growth, and translate into improved productivity, cost savings.
Whatever your needs and budget are, there is an ERP vendor out there that will fit your organization like a glove.